Attending Governors' Meeting
Governing Body Open Meetings
The Governing Body of St John’s Church of England Primary School has agreed that Full Governing Body meetings will be “open.” Open meetings are meetings of the Full Governing Body to which members of the public, including school staff and parents can request, in writing, to attend, as observers. This protocol constitutes the code of conduct required by the governing body of those requesting attendance in return for granting access to observe their meetings.
If you would like to attend a meeting, please contact our clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details of meeting dates. You would be most welcome.
- Governing Body meetings are publicised on the school website and through parental newsletters.
- Members of the public can make a request, in writing to the Clerk of the Governing Body, to attend the “open” part of any meeting.
- Requests to attend must be sent to the Clerk to the Governing Body no less than 14 days before the date of the meeting.
- If there is sufficient capacity/space an invitation to attend the meeting will be issued by the Clerk to the Governing Body, together with an agenda. These will be sent by e-mail seven days before the meeting.
- Anyone attending will be shown on the meeting as “In attendance”
- Persons attending meetings are there at the invitation of the governing body and must agree to:
be present as observers only;
not speak or in any other way interrupt the meeting;
at the request of the chair, leave the meeting if any part of it is deemed, by the governing body, to be confidential;
not record any part of the meeting electronically or in writing
Failure to abide by these expectations may result in an individual being asked to withdraw from the meeting and potentially be refused an invitation to future meetings.
Minutes of all meetings are available on request from the clerk (email@example.com).